Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Skill Mastery: Arm Knitting

Learned a new trick this week, Arm Knitting! I'm always looking for something new to try so when this tutorial showed up on my screen I had to give it a shot. Knit a chunky scarf in 30 minutes? Yes, please!

And this was only after 10 minutes!

It was very simple and super fun! It took a few minutes to get the hang of it because I kept twisting the stitches in the wrong direction. I had these extra skeins of Lion Brand Wool-Ease in Charcoal laying around from an old project. You have to knit two strands together (as you can see in the picture) and I only ended up using half of each skein. Plenty left over to make another one!

My sister took the first one before I could get a good picture of it (figures!), but here's the second one! Instead of the six stitches that I "cast on" for the first one, this one is ten stitches wide. I like it much better.



(Modeled by Me, Photos by L. Jamieson @ Willowwrenn)

-A.

No comments:

Post a Comment